A new era in the coronavirus battle is to be aided and abetted by a range of revolutionary antiviral products from...
- Major celebration of the life of John Surtees CBE at the Warren 2017
- ‘Reunion’ of his two Mercedes-Benz 300SLs- actually the first time the two have been together
- Motorcycles: John’s 1949 Vincent Grey Flash and his 1960 MV Agusta four-cylinder will be shown.
- Cars: the Hailwood/Pace TS14 F1 car and the TS15 which Pace took to victory at Interlagos
- The Henry Surtees Foundation is the supported charity for the show.
All images supplied for use by www.mayhead.media
Two Mercedes-Benz 300SL ‘Gullwings’ belonging to the late John Surtees CBE will be brought together for the first time at the Warren Classic and Supercar Show near Maldon in Essex on Sunday 24th September 2017.
The models, a red example still owned by the Surtees family, and a silver car now resident in Switzerland, will come together as part of the Warren’s celebration of the life of John Surtees at the season-ending show later this month.
The Henry Surtees Foundation are the supported charity for this year’s show, and they are bringing a host of John’s other vehicles, including a 1949 Vincent Grey Flash and the bike he was so successful on- the MV Agusta four-cylinder.
Also present will be the Surtees TS14 that was used in 1972 and ’73. It is perhaps best known as being the car involved in the incident at the South African GP in 1973 in which Mike Hailwood rescued Clay Regazzoni from his flaming cockpit. Hailwood was later awarded the George Medal.
The Surtees TS15 F2 car from 1973 will also be shown. Although the season was dominated by the newly-arrived works BMW engines, the Carlos Pace took this car to victory at Interlagos.
About the Warren
The Warren Classic & Supercar Show takes place on Sunday 24th September at The Warren Estate, Woodham Walter, Maldon, Essex, CM9 6RW. Doors open at 10am and the show finishes at 5.30pm.
- Concours Notable ‘star cars’ in this September’s Warren Concours include:
- The stunning 1942 ‘Count Trossi Alfa’ 6C 2500 SS Touring Coupe, known as the after its first owner, the famous racing driver and president of Scuderia Ferrari.
- The unique 1960 Alfa Romeo 6C 3000 CM Superflow IV, a one-off prototype Pininfarina coupe that stole the show at the 1960 Geneva Salon, and based around the Carrozzeria Colli coupe driven by Juan Manuel Fangio to second place in the 1953 Mille Miglia.
- The unique Triumph TR2 that famously broke a number of speed records on the Jabbeke motorway in Belgium in May 1953, driven by Ken Richardson.
- Supercars A mouth-watering selection of supercars are also due to be displayed at the 2017 Warren Classics, with hyper-performance machines already confirmed including a rarely-seen Pagani Zonda 760 VR, a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari La Ferrari, plus three Ferrari Enzos, and an amazing Koenigsegg Agera R.
- Tickets Tickets for the 2017 Warren Classic car and Supercar for Sunday 24 September, including a large exhibition area, can be purchased in advance for £10 at http://www.warrenclassic.co.uk/tickets, or on the day from £14 per adult, £7 for youngsters (12-16) with free entry for children under 12-years old.
ABOUT THE HENRY SURTEES FOUNDATION:
The Henry Surtees Foundation was inspired by motor sport legend John Surtees CBE, following the tragic death of his son Henry, killed aged just 18 years old whilst competing in Formula 2 race at Brands Hatch in 2009.
The worthwhile causes supported with equipment by the Henry Surtees Foundation include the Kent, Surrey and Sussex Air Ambulance Trust, the Great North Air Ambulance, Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance, and Yorkshire Air Ambulance and their regional Blood Bike groups, plus the Midlands Air Ambulances, Great Western Air Ambulances, the Lincs & Notts Air Ambulance and the London Air Ambulance. The Henry Surtees Foundation has a special relationship with Vauxhall and work in partnership to provide special lease terms for our support of transportation of blood between hospital and Air Ambulance. The Foundation has also supported other worthy causes from The Children’s Trust through to various Wheelchair Rugby Clubs.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/warrenclassic/ (@warrenclassic)
The Warren Classic & Supercar Show,
The Warren Estate,
Google Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/9VtbBoJje9M2
Other Luxury Stories
ARCABOARD: World’s first flying hover board The same show which last year presented the flying car AeroMobil has...
“A great British company” producing great British products, Chatham truly are a quality brand, I know as I...