Latest News The first exhibitors revealed Top Marques Monaco – billed « The ultimate luxury car show » by...
You may have seen recently the documentary on TV giving a fascinating insight into the hard work that goes into running the world famous luxury hotel, The Corinthia. Based in central London, the Corinthia is a haven of luxury and elegance and I was lucky enough just recently to be invited for a personal guided tour of this spectacular hotel by the Senior Sales Manager at the Corinthia, Annalisa Sudano.
The Corinthia is nestled a short walk from Trafalgar Square, in fact you can see Nelson’s Column from the hotel. You can also easily walk from Embankment Tube.
Being so close to the Thames, the views from the Penthouse rooms over the Capitals famous river are spectacular.
Corinthia London is a very exclusive address. Enter an emporium of luxury where the welcome is warm, and with each moment you sink a little further into bliss. The home of Kerridge’s Bar & Grill, afternoon tea and ESPA Life at Corinthia awaits.
The hotel has a modern yet traditional feel, it is super-clean and spotless, the staff are attentive and professional and you feel transported into another world as soon as you arrive. The restaurants and lounge areas are sublime.
The rooms are just spectacular, some even have their own elevator, full office facilities and panoramic views over the heart of London. They cocoon you in pure luxury escapism and you feel safe, warm and at ease with anything you desire just a call away.
Featuring 225 rooms, 51 suites, seven penthouses, two world-class restaurants and a truly unrivalled spa, the hotel is a destination in itself.
- Award-winning ESPA Life at Corinthia spa and 24-hour BodySPace gym
- Thermal Floor boasting experience pools and showers
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 24-hour concierge and 24-hour butler service in penthouses and Signature Suites
- Ensuite marble bathrooms with tropical rain showers and underfloor heating
Kerridge’s Bar & Grill – renowned Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge’s first London restaurant offering a menu which plays on Tom’s reputation for serving his take on the UK’s most celebrated dishes. Open daily
The Northall – modern British cuisine. Serving Breakfast: 6:30 – 10:30am (7 – 11am on weekends), Lunch: midday – 3pm (12:30 – 4pm on Sundays); Dinner: 5:30 – 11pm
The Crystal Moon Lounge – all-day dining options available. Afternoon tea is served from 2 – 6pm Monday to Friday and midday – 6pm Saturday and Sunday
Corinthia Hotel London announced the launch of a new afternoon tea service from Thursday, 12 April 2018, in the hotel’s elegant Crystal Moon Lounge. The service has been designed to showcase the individual elements of the tea ceremony with every aspect of the guest experience having been considered.
Music played on a Steinway piano will set the tone and an antique Champagne trolley will be wheeled round to each table to initiate the afternoon tea service. A range of specially commissioned, hand-painted bone china by Richard Brendon will combine contemporary design and traditional craftsmanship. The teacups display mirror-like surfaces that will reflect the striped patterns on the saucers. Each table will be laid with one accent red place setting and Baccarat Mille Nuits Champagne flutes in a nod to the spectacular crystal chandelier overhead.
An extensive range of fine teas, including the Corinthia Hotel London’s house infusion, will be displayed and prepared at a tea station by Tea Sommelier Ondrej Herda, who will weigh and infuse each blend, as well as controlling the brewing times to perfect the flavour.
The menu will offer guests a selection of sandwiches, including Egg mayo, truffle and watercress on spinach bread, and Roast beef, caramelised onion and wholegrain mustard, as well as traditional scones with clotted cream and jam. A second heritage trolley will serve an abundant range of handmade pastries and cakes created by Head Pasty Chef Lois Carbonnet, including a Chocolate peanut sphere, and Rhubarb and strawberry tartlet.
Commenting on the announcement, Benjamin Hofer, Director of Food & Beverage of Corinthia Hotel London, stated: “Historically, tea was a social occasion, therefore we have centred this quintessentially British ritual around our guests’ enjoyment, and I am delighted to have introduced a more interactive service which encourages conversation and engagement.”
Priced at £45 per person (or £55 with a glass of Laurent-Perrier Brut Champagne, and £66 with a glass of Laurent-Perrier Rosé Champagne), the new afternoon tea service will be available daily – from 2pm until 6pm Monday to Friday, and from noon until 6pm on weekends.
For further information please visit https://www.corinthia.com/en/hotels/london/dining/afternoon-tea
- Views across the capital or our inner courtyard
- All rooms and suites feature a Loewe full HD TV
- Nespresso coffee machine
- State-of-the-art media hub
- Refrigerated private bar
- Complimentary high speed Wi-Fi (up to 300Mbits/s) and wired Internet (up to 1Gbit/s)
- Ensuite under-floor heated marble bathroom with Tropical Rain Shower
- Relaxing bathtub with built-in TV
- ESPA toiletries
- 7″ touch-screen telephone
- Treats with turndown service
- Pioneering world-class spa: ESPA Life at Corinthia*
- Spa lounge serving healthy food and drink
- 17 treatment pods
- BodySPace gym open 24/7 to resident guests
- Thermal Floor boasting a shimmering silver pool, vitality pool, amphitheatre sauna, steam room, ice fountain, heated beds, relaxation areas and experience showers
- Nail studio
- Sleep pods
- Separate male and female changing rooms with saunas, steam rooms and showers
- ESPA Life retail space
- Daniel Galvin at Corinthia hair salon with private client room
*Resident children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult and can only access the pool within the dedicated daily hours of: 10 – 11:30am and 3 – 4:30pm
- Bassoon – a destination bar to delight the senses, open daily from 5pm – 1am. Live music is played from 9pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and from 10pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Kerridge’s Bar – open all day to anyone who wishes to come for a drink or a snack
- The Northall Bar – a grand bar for a grand hotel. Open daily from midday – 11pm
- The Garden Lounge – our alfresco outdoor drinking and dining destination, complete with a cigar humidor
Meetings and events
- Grand Ballroom (218 sqm), can accommodate 150 for dinner & dance, and 400 people for a cocktail reception
- The Courtroom (121 sqm)
- 6 meeting rooms with built in Plasma Screen or drop down projector (4 with Natural Daylight)
- Complimentary use of the Business Centre with the following services available: printing, faxing and copying (chargeable)
- Air Conditioning across all event spaces
- Disabled access to all meeting rooms
- Complimentary high speed Wi-Fi (up to 100Mbits/s) and wired Internet (up to 1Gbit/s)
- Apple Airplay available
- Private Dining Rooms located in The Northall
Photography of James by Jack Ward.
CORINTHIA HOTEL LONDON
LONDON SW1A 2BD
Other Luxury Stories
Introducing Crabtree & Evelyn’s large selection of shaving products and accessories, perfect for the modern...
Cannes Yachting Festival 2017, 12th – 17th September, Jettee 101 Sunseeker International, Britain’s biggest yacht...